Ship to Shore is the original mail forwarding, scanning and holding service
Ship to Shore becomes your mail hub whilst travelling and we offer you the following:
- Holding mail until it is requested or collected at no extra cost.
- Forwarding mail to you wherever you are in the world.
- Opening mail, discarding envelopes and junk mail, and forwarding – Each item of mail is opened which allows us to easily filter out unwanted mail. All filtered mail is listed on a statement to enable you to see what has been received and, should you require, be forwarded in the next mailing. This enhanced service has proved to considerably reduce postage and packing costs
- Scanning mail and sending via email – if you don’t need the hard copy cluttering up your space you could opt for your mail to be scanned. We open your mail, scan each letter and send via email. All filtered items will be listed
- Photocopying items of mail before forwarding – Although we cannot be held responsible for any mail that goes astray, we can try to limit the damage so we also offer a photocopying service. All mail is opened and any important documents, such as bank statements, tax letters etc., are photocopied before dispatching
- Receiving packages – we can receive packages from online shops, to our PO Box address or to a street address, to hold or forward to you
- Pay-by-item service – this service is for those who only need items sent to them on a one-off basis. You need not pay any registration fee and will only be charged for postage and a small amount for the service. Payment is made prior to any service being provided
Ship to Shore was originally set up in 1994 to cater for long term yachtsmen in need of a UK address but since then we have built up a large and varied client base.
Our customers move around the UK and the world on land and water, on business or for pleasure. They stay with us for years, which reflects our high level of professionalism and attention to detail, and we pride ourselves on the friendly relationships we hold with them.
We believe that the positive feedback we have had over the years has helped us to grow to be one of the best mail forwarding services in the country.
Whenever you want your mail forwarded you just contact us by phone, fax, email or SMS text. We will acknowledge your request and aim to forward your mail within 24 hours. Depending on your movements, you can also choose to have your mail forwarded to you on weekly, fortnightly, monthly or as-received basis at no extra charge. Your mail package is sealed with our distinctive tape which enables you to distinguish your package from others.
Each Shipment is numbered and includes a Statement which shows the number of items sent, a list of the items filtered and a running total of funds in your postage and packing account up to the last mailing. All filtered items are kept for one month and then shredded or recycled.
Within the UK, mail is normally sent First Class and overseas mail is sent by ordinary airmail but if you require a more secure or speedy service we can easily arrange one the many different Royal Mail services, at no additional service cost, or use a courier service.
A Statement of Account will be issued once or twice a year showing all transactions, and payments made, to enable you to keep track of your spending.
As with all other mail providers, in addition to your registration fee, we also request a postage bond of £50 to cover postage, packing and handling costs (There is a basic charge of 25p for every item handled, please see the fee structure for other costs). Postal rates are always on the increase but we guarantee that all packing charges will be kept as low as possible. When your funds are running low, we will send you a reminder to top up your account.
Your registration period for your mail forwarding will not start until your first post has been sent to you. This gives you time to notify people of your change of address if you are still in the planning stage and helps you stop any unwanted mail before you set off.
We are not able to offer credit card payment facilities at present but Ship to Shore does accept payment by bank transfer or cheque (payable to Ship to Shore and sent to PO Box 400, Winchester, SO22 4RU)
Some useful info...
- If you haven’t got a printer just contact us and we’ll put all the necessary forms, to register for the Ship to Shore mail forwarding, holding or scanning service, in the post to you.
- By completing the Mail Filtering Form, we ensure that only mail you want is forwarded to you.
- Try and stop any junk mail before you set off on your trip by visiting the Mail Preference Service website (MPS) www.mpsonline.org.uk or calling them on 0845 703 4599. They endeavour to stop any unwanted mail, calls, texts etc.
- All filtered items are kept for one month. All confidential items will be shredded and all others will be recycled.
- Cruising the waterways in the UK? For those of you who are moving about within the UK, you can use the Royal Mail Poste Restante service. We can post your mail to most Post Offices in the UK and you will have up to two weeks to collect it. It’s advisable to check at the Post Office first to confirm that they will accept your mail. To find our more, or to find your nearest Post Office, click on this link.
- To start the mail redirection process, download the Royal Mail redirection form and take it along to the Post Office - unfortunately, Royal Mail will not accept on-line applications when redirecting to a PO Box. Otherwise you can inform your Banks, Building Societies, Utility Providers, family and friends directly of your new Ship to Shore mail forwarding address.
- If you are about to set sail on the open sea, you may like to read a few of our customers blogs describing their life aboard – just click on the “Useful Links” page.
- If you want to let your friends and family see what you’re up to whilst travelling, try “Yachtplot”. Whether you are a blue water sailor, coastal cruiser or traveller of the inland waterways, they provide a low cost and simple-to-use system, via the internet. There’s a link to it on “Useful Links” page.
- Whilst we will make sure that all possible steps are taken to ensure our customers mail remains safe, once it has left Ship to Shore we are unable to take responsibility for any damage or loss but will help the customer, as far as we possibly can, to resolve the problem.
|Description||Registration fee||Handling charge||Additional services|
|Registration Fee||£125 per annum
£12 per month
|Forwarding of unopened mail and filtering* out obvious junk mail||25p per item of mail|
|Opening all mail, filtering* and discarding envelopes||35p per item of mail|
|Photocopying mail before despatching||20p per page|
|Scanning||20p per scan|
|Paying in cheques||£3.50|
|Arranging for courier service||£3.50|
|Pay-by-item (Non registered customers)||£5.00|
*Filtered mail is listed on the statement and held for one month
P.O. BOX 400
Telephone / Answerphone and Fax +44 (0) 1962 868 642
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com